Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Writing…. is such a new experience for me. I feel like I write like a talk. Pastor Jeff asked me today when I was going to preach. The thought of that freaks me out. I was sharing this with Abraham today over lunch. He kind of laughed at me but I told him that I was like Moses. I imagined he was a lot like me when it came to speaking. He described the way he talked as being slow of speech. So of coursed I used that excuse and I said that there is a reason why I sing and not speak. But I wasn’t expecting the answer Abraham gave me. He said “ I believe God asks of you what you think you can’t do on your own so that you rely on him even more than you would doing something your comfortable with”. I didn’t like that answer. And yet I’m living that out. I’m doing something right now that I never thought I would be doing. When I was little I never wanted to be in front of people ever. I would throw the worst fit when my mom would make us girl’s sing in churches. I would be scared to death but I was more scared of Mom. So we girls would sing and I would get off stage and be so relieved that it was over. And now being a worship leader at a church and helping lead worship in other churches and still singing when mom tells me to is something I never would have dreamt of doing in a million years. But I can’t imagine doing anything else in my life right now. I just don’t feel the “Call” to preach. I have no desire to do that. I don’t like it when people say just because you’re in ministry that you should be doing other things that you really have no desire to do in the first place. But on the other hand I love talking to my band about what it means to be a worship leader. I enjoy teaching my youth how to live connected with Christ in these early years of their life. But preaching………………that’s not me.

No comments: